Thank you so much for volunteering to be a Coach this season. Please read through the guidelines below to assist you in your role.
As part of your coaching role, there are a number of requirements that you should fulfill on behalf of the Club and Netball Australia.
Sandy Starlets requests that you:
- Have a current Working with Children Check (if over 18)
- Attend all training sessions and games
- Arrive at games 15 minutes before start time to warm the players up and assign positions.
- Plan training sessions.
- Plan player positions in games and, up to lower age U13, to rotate players evenly through all netball positions
- Develop player skills.
- Monitor that all players attend training and games unless they have a valid excuse and deal with unexplained or unreasonable absences either directly or with the assistance of SSNC.
Netball Australia outlines behaviours that are expected of every person involved in netball: spectators, players, parents/guardians, officials, administrators, coaches. Sandy Starlets adopts and supports the Netball Australia National Codes of Behaviour and as the Coach you are expected to adhere to the Coaches Code of Conduct detailed herein.
When registering, the players and parents have accepted the Code of Conduct but to ensure that it is read and understood, we ask you to go through the Player Code of Conduct (page 6 of the linked document) with your team members at the first training session and arrange for them to sign and accept it. Please staple the signed copy into your exercise book for ready reference as it provides clarity and a good base to deal with any issues that arise.