Sandy Starlets train on Tuesday afternoons at the Thomas Street courts. Training runs for 1 hour.
- U11 teams: 4.00 – 5.00 pm
- U13 teams: 5.00 – 6.00 pm
- U15 teams: 6.00 – 7.00 pm
- U17 & Open teams: 7.00 – 8.00 pm (or otherwise organised)
Training is compulsory for all players in U11 – U15 teams. Training is not compulsory for U17 and above. Penalties for not attending training are not a Club policy but at the discretion of the Coach, they may be as follows:
- Absence from training without prior notification = player stays off for an extra quarter
- Repeat offence of no notification = player off for ¾ game
- 3rd offence (no training or notification), player may miss the entire game
The above MUST be communicated to the players at the first training session so they understand and to the parents through the Team Manager. Please ensure that you clearly advise the parents how you want absences to be notified. Is it directly to you (which is probably best so provide your mobile number) or would you prefer it through the Team Manager?
Training Session Format
Each training session should consist of approximately:
- Warm up – 10 mins
- Skills / drills – 30 mins
- Practice match – 15 mins (arrange on the day with one of the other team that trains at the same time)
- Cool down – summary / pre game info.
This format may change from time to time depending on your team’s needs.
Training does not take place in the following circumstances;
- During school holidays
- When training is cancelled for wet weather (see notification process below). Please note that we are not permitted to train on the indoor court on Tuesdays.
The coaches MUST contact the team manager if they are unable to attend training on any occasion – where possible a parent may be able to help out.
The Coaching Co-ordinator should be notified if the coach is unable to train for more than 2 weeks consecutively, to help determine the assistance required.
The notification regarding cancellation of training is as follows:
- The Team Manager Coordinator is responsible for sending a text message to team managers to advise if training is cancelled
- A cancellation notice will be uploaded to the Club Facebook Group page.
- If there is no notification, assume training is ON.
- At times weather changes can be unexpected so we ask for your patience and consideration if there is a last minute cancellation. We do try to continue with training if at all possible.